Monday, May 03, 2010

Drama Desk nominations announced


Leading the pack: the revival of Ragtime and The Scottsboro Boys (pictured). Scanning the list, I would have liked to have seen the two lead actors and The Pride itself nominated; easily the most riveting drama of the season past. Still, a lot of worthy work awarded or in contention this year: kudos especially to the casts of Circle Mirror Transformation and The Temperamentals, John Douglas Thompson in The Emperor Jones, Terri White in Finian's Rainbow, and Yank!. I would like to see the Projection and Video category, which I helped inaugurate, return in some form, and do think that if puppets can be on the same line as set design so too could be projection and video. But I'm not a nominator, and I'm no longer a board member...and I see there are a few shows that I can't recall off the top of my head and will have to look up, proof that the committee has cast a typically wide net.

No comments: